On your mark, get set, go!
The East Coast Games is a three-day multi-sport event and an exciting collection of provincial and regional tournaments attracting athletes of all ages. Founded in 2015, this event has included a wide range of sporting events for all ages with more than 2500 athletes expected to compete in 2020. This year marks the 6th consecutive year of the games and the first of the new decade!
With an opening and awards ceremonies, a coaching workshop, vendor programs, social events, and awards, the East Coast Games is more than just another tournament. It is a celebration of sport!
The goals of the East Coast Games are:
- Provide competitors with a fun and memorable weekend
- Give participants a large-scale sporting experience
- Gives spectators the opportunity to take-in provincial-calibre sports.
- Raise the profile of each tournament through awareness building activities and local buzz
- Build local capacity for coaching and officiating
- Create a volunteer pool for sporting events
- It is also a fantastic reason to spend a weekend in Saint John!